Click here to view dates and year 1 curriculum for the 2016-17 cohort.
Apply by October 1st to be recieve $1,000 discount thanks to APS Foundation.
To learn more about the Teacher Leadership Program as a protégé participant, click here.
Click here for the Protege application.
To learn more about the Teacher Leadership Program as a mentor, click here.
Click here for the Mentor application.
The TLP will develop and supportprotégés and support the advancement of experienced STEM teachers for three years. The TLP is designed for K-12 teachers of science, mathematics, and engineering (including elementary teachers), following evidence-based best practices for induction.
To attain project objectives, the following interrelated Professional Development components will be provided:
• Reformed Teaching Observation Protocol (RTOP) training
• Classroom observations/reflections
• Face to face professional learning sessions
• Annual Science, Technology or Math conference
• Online activities and interactive reflection weekly
• Yearly development of leadership action plans for mentors
• Development and publication of teacher tip videos
• Access to Educational articles
• Support for presentations at conferences
• Coaching training
In addition, through multiple and varied professional development components, the knowledge and skills of the mentors will increase along with their efficacy to lead educational reform at their school, district, and state.
Click here to learn more about the requirements to be a
ASTA accepts applications from novice (teachers within their first five years) and experienced teachers (6+ years) during the months of June - September. Click here to view a brochure.
Click here to view current and past participants.
ASTA partners with AATM & AzTEA to support TLP participants.